Without holiness no one will see the Lord.
Heb:12:14
Therefore make every effort to be holy.
Holiness is an attribute that God cannot keep aside. In fact none of His attributes can He do away with. But holiness is of a different league. His love accomodates. His forgiveness draws us to Him. His glory inspissates. But His holiness, He cannot compromise. He is so holy and pure that He cannot accomodate even an iota of sin. He lives in inapproachable light.
And man was created in this image of God. But man fell. And now he cannot come to God. Therefore he hid from God.
But His love still accomodates. His love still longs for man, for his good. But He cannot let sin go unpunished. He wants to forgive. But He has to deal with sin, because He is holy. He cannot compromise His holiness and include sinful man. But He loves man that He wants to forgive him. He cannot shove sin under.
Blood has to be shed. Man has to be punished. Therefore He Himself chose to bear it for man's sake. Because He was absolutely holy, He represented man. On the cross, He being fully man, represented the whole of mankind because He was holy. He faced the very consequence that He hated. He took the very thing that He abased and abhorred. So that man could benefit. So that I could be pardoned. So that this wretched rebellious being could come back to His bosom, my eternal destiny. He did it all, not compromising on His holiness. He dealt with it all, out of His love to me. While I was still a sinner Christ died for me.
This is true for you too, only if you receive this free act of love. Otherwise it is a generalised story. A myth. Once it becomes a personalised one, it releases you from the bondage and slavery of sin. You will be free indeed.
You have now the option to be holy, not destined to be sinful. Jesus Christ has done this on my behalf, so that I could share His righteousness and holiness. So that I could be holy just as my Father is holy. So that I could be in His holy presence for eternity. So that I could taste of what was initially designed for me. So that I wouldn't lose a bit.
What a plan?
Comments
Post a Comment