By his faith he condemned the world and became heir of the righteousness that is in keeping with faith.
Noah's faith was linked to condemning the world that was around him. He was not interested in what was happening around him. It looked alluring for others. To make money, to have fun and to enjoy life there way. But Noah condemned all these.
His eyes were set on the life to come. His eyes were set on God. So when God called him to build an ark in preparation of rain, that which He has never even heard of, he simply obeyed fully and completely. Condemned the world and looked forward to something better.
What do I look forward to? Eagerly and earnestly waiting? Money? Secure future? Enjoyment? Aish karna?
Or do I condemn all these in the sight of eternal surplousness in my Father's kingdom. Do I long for His kingdom come?
If not - you shall not be one an heir of righteousness as promised for Noah. In faith Noah became an heir of righteousness as he condemned the world around him. And because I love and long for the things around me, things look loomingly dangerous.
Lord help me to shift my eyes from the futile passing things of this world. And set it on you alone.
Image credit
https://www.istockphoto.com/search/2/image-film?phrase=dense+clouds&tracked_gsrp_landing=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.istockphoto.com%2Fphotos%2Fdense-clouds
Comments
Post a Comment