Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have.
Heb:13:5
Love of money is the root of all evil.
1 Tim:6:10
Not money perse. But love for money is the root of all evil. You will never be satisfied. America's first billionaire John D. Rockfeller was asked, how much money was enough? He replied, "Just a little more."
This endless pit of discontentment and greed will never be quenched. Money is needed. But love of money is dangerous. It will never satisfy. You compromise on the basics and discredit the ideologies when you try to be filled. But it is like drinking salty water. The hunger just keeps increasing.
The solution is to be content with what you have. The promise that follows in v:5b-6 gives you the key.
Because God has said, Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you.
So we say with confidence, The Lord is my helper. I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?
That the Lord is enough. That He will provide. That He is Jehovah Jireh. That He will take care of my needs. I need not worry about it. For He has placed me in the centre of His palms.
Comments
Post a Comment