Skip to main content

Amazing Grace (Poem - Idea courtesy Neeta Itty)



The day was calm and
The sky was clear
The lake was still and
The wind was dear
     I saw myself with my Jesus
    He and me alone
     I was in a boat with Jesus
     He and me alone
He taught me the realities of life
He taught me the ups and downs
I thought He did strife
In due course of His life.
     Now I see myself with Him
     He was a breeze of comfort
     Sharing my experiences with Him
     Walking with me on the shore
On our way did we see
A bearded man with a brooding back
Strolling toward Jesus and me
Wearing a pure white gown he came
     I asked Jesus who he was
     He said "Father Abraham was he"
     Overjoyed, jumping like a foal was I 
     'Coz my role model was he
Abraham came to us, bowed before Him
I was joyous to talk to him
"I've respected your faith" I said
"It was 'coz of AMAZING GRACE" he said
     I was jumping with joy
     When I realized it was no dream
     Like a child, happy to get back his toy
     I thanked Him for this
We walked through the path
Enjoying the nature did I walk
Fresh smelling lillies after its dew bath
Bees hummed when we did talk
     We saw from a distance a man
     I could clearly see his crown
     Shining amidst the sun
     By its brightness I did frown
I came to know it was King David
The man whom I respected in every way
The man whom God loved
The man who walked after His own heart
     He came and bowed low before Him
     Tears of joy filled mine eyes
     For this meeting, did I thank Him
     And boy, I was glad to see him
Psalms were a great source of uplifting
It's verses did help me in times of trouble
He said "all because of AMAZING GRACE
Was he able to write them"
     We both again strode on the path
     I was eager to see the next man
     I was wondering who could be next
     Saw him from a distance, coming to us
As he came nearer
Lo! He was just beside us
None other than St. Paul was he
Awestruck with excitement was I 
     I was talking to him 'bout his letters
     Which was a great inspiration to me
     All his teachings were a blessing
     Which guided me through the way
Now it was he who humbly said
That it was only that AMAZING GRACE
That he was able to preach
God's sole love for you
     While I was talking to him
     An inward joy was bubbling in my heart
     While I was talking to him
     I was just like a boy, excited
We walked through the streets
The more we went, the more I enjoyed
I heard the leaves rustling in the streets
It sounded " it's all that AMAZING GRACE"
     I could see the path before me
     Focussed on a point I could unsee
     But the fact that the AMAZING GRACE
     Is with me, I need nothing else.
    
This was a poem which I wrote approximately 22 years back. While discussing things with my second sister as I was walking through my initial days of faith, she had shared one of her dreams she saw one night. Walking with Jesus and meeting the stalwarts of faith face to face. Her joy was still ebbing in her eyes. She was also young in faith then. 
An amazing person who has strengthened me in my times of trouble. Whenever I walked through the dark roads of my life she has always been there pointing to that amazing grace.
The elder sister has been the motherly figure always. Always showing the love of our Saviour. The first one to come to faith among us three and lead the way. The way she clung on to that Amazing Grace when things were falling apart in her life, was a source of inspiration for us both, when we faced our struggles.

I praise God for this wonderful family that God has bestowed to bring me to that Amazing grace.

(I'll tell about my parents and my family sometime later.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Husband and wife

Unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit. 1 Pet:3:4 Though this is told to the wives; it is a very good admonition for all of us. To have a gentle and quiet spirit, is an incomparable unfading inner beauty. The real beauty is not your outwardly appearance. Real beauty is your inner spirit - to be gentle and quiet. Not to be quarrelsome. Not to be picking fights. But to be a peacmaker. especially in your family. V:1. Wives, in the same way, be submissive to your husbands. In which same way? The example is of Jesus. 2:23. When they hurled their insults at Him, He did not retaliate, when He suffered He made no threats.  In this same way, wives be submissive to your husbands, no matter how well or bad they treat you. V:7. Husbands in the same way, be considerate, as you live with your wives.  In which same way? The example is again of Jesus. 3:7. Treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life. Like Jesus did to us. ...

Everything we need

His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodness. 2 Pet:1:3 Everything we need for our life in this present world; all our material needs; all our basic needs. And also for godliness; that is to grow in the knowledge of God; to build up in a relationship with God. Everything that you can think of. Everything you can ask for. Everything that you need. Has been given. It is yours for the taking. He will provide. For His name is Jehovah Jireh. Only we have to take it. Only we have to believe it and receive it. Why has He given us this? Is it because of our goodness? Is it because God foresaw our good deeds and therefore He gave it? Not at all. Wretched, poor, blind, naked as we are. He just gave it to us. Essentially for His glory and because He is good. He is good so much so that He reveals Himself to us who do not deserve to know Him. Even when we squander every opportunity. Even ...

Mist

You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. James:4:14 Life is so futile. And temporal. If you concentrate on what you are gonna get in this life. You will definitely be disappointed. Those temporary happinesses will not last long. Like a puff of smoke it will vanish. For you are made for eternity. Where as, if you invest in things which are eternal, which will last for eternity future, then that is a wise thing to do. The choice is yours. If you invest in worldly happinesses then you would be called wise by the world and a fool by God. Look at the parable of the rich fool in Luke 12. It was a wise thing that he did, to invest wisely, to break down his old small barn and build a bigger one. He invested wisely according to the world. But God calls him a fool. But if you invest in Godly things, God will call you wise eventhough the world will call you a fool..... Who do you want to call you wise? The choice is yours. But the consequence is also yours. A ...

Why don't they react?

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called, so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Pet:3:9 This is the highlight of true Christianity. Those who have known Christ in person. They beat them, they torture them, ridicule them, put them in prison, for doing good, for starting schools and colleges and hospitals, for bringing them to peace with their Creator God, leading to joy. They persecute them for no valid reason. Yet, you do not see retaliation. You do not see revolt. You do not see any bloodshed or pay back. There is absolute silence while facing persecution. Why? Why do they not react? Why do they keep quiet? Why they do not even defend themselves? Because they have a big Brother who showed them how to do. When persecuted and tortured for no good reason of His, He exuberated that love and peace and joy from His Father, from a world that they look forward unto. They know they are loved. They know these are small in ...

One Man, once for all

For Christ died for sins, once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. 1 Pet:3:18 How is one man dying, beneficial for all? Because He is rich in life and righteousness. Unendingly righteous that all unrighteous would be pardoned. He who knew no sin, became sin for us. The Son of God became the wrath of God, so that the wrath of God would be made sons of God. This exchange, this imputation is too good to be true. It is valid for you only if you receive. It has already been done for you, but if you wouldn't receive it is not relevant for you. Dear one, if you are in that borderline, now is the day. Put your trust in Jesus and be saved. Image credit: https://winningwalk.org/read/articles/at-the-foot-of-the-cross

Draw near

Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you. James:4:8 Come out of your rebellion. Stop taking the driver's seat. Draw near to Him. Be miserable, mourn and weep. Let your laughter be turned into mourning and your joy to gloom (v:9) Be serious about your rebellious nature and seriously repent. Humble yourselves in the presence of the Lord. (v:10) A repentant mournful heart is always better than a rebellious pseudojoyous heart. In Christ alone is your complete joy. Repent of your rebellious ways and reinstate with Him. Humble yourself in God's presence. You are nobody big. You are nobody significant unless God is on your side. Keep yourself at His feet. Because of your sin, you do not even deserve it. But God has been gracious. Always be aware of this. Always humble yourself in reverential submission to the One who saved you.  Image courtesy: https://www.facebook.com/groups/catholic.arts/posts/1873121323144539/

Humble yourselves in God's hands - a prose

Humble yourselves therefore under God's mighty hand, that He may lift you up in due time. 1 Pet:5:6 What is there to be proud of What is there to boast When you face with much suffering What is there to retaliate Just keep quiet and humble yourself Under the mighty hands of God He shall lift you up in due time God is on your side, dear one. And if God is on your side, Who can be against you. Who can stand against the Mighty Holy One? If you face undue humiliation If you face undeserved ridicule If you suffer injustice Humble yourselves under the Mighty Hands Of God, and He shall lift you up in due time. For God is on your side. Reacting or retaliating Trying to gain things by might - no, not that Instead humble yourselves in God's hands For that is all you can do and  all you need to do. He shall raise you up in due time. Image courtesy: chatgpt