Be holy, because I am holy.
1 Pet:1:16
Quoting from Lev:11:44, it is an admonition that seems quiet impossible. As God is holy. How do we do it?
1 Pet:1:13-25 tells both about my doing and the Lord's doing regarding this.
- Prepare your minds for action
- Be self controlled
- Do not conform to the evil desires
- Be holy
- Love one another deeply
But it also says about the Lord's part in this. Infact His effort is more in this.
- Grace
- Saved by the precious blood of Christ the Lamb
- You have been born again not of perishable seed but imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.
Your striving will never make you holy. Because all your righteous deeds are like filthy rags.Isa:64:6. By grace you have been made holy and given a holy standing before the Father by the precious act on the cross, if I believe. Without this act, there is no scope of your holiness.
Yet because Isa:64:6 is true, do I deter myself from striving? Not at all. Infact I should strive all the more, because I am enthralled by the holiness imputed to me. And therefore I try with all my heart and body to stay pure. Out of love, gratitude and hope to the One who made me pure.
Image credit: chatgpt
Comments
Post a Comment